Electronic document management system - myth or reality?
Electronic document management systems provide the process of creating, access management and distribution of large amounts of documents in corporate computer networks and provide control on document flow in organization. These documents are stored in special storage or in file system hierarchy. File types include text and graphic documents, images, spreadsheets, audio and video data.
Modern document management system solves the following tasks:
- Record and document processing
- Storage and archiving of electronic documents
- Document traffic control
- User authentication and access rights
- performance discipline control
- Integration with external electronic systems
- Increase of employee productivity
- Savings in labor, time and material costs
- Unification of document flow and decrease on dependence upon IT staff
- Reduce in time cycle of work with documents and creation of unified documentation space
- Increased customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction from work
- Increased communication and collaboration at work
Another usefull articles from bb software